iLab's Study Management module is a useful suite of tools for core facilities who manage large experiments or projects that have a number of variables to consider. This module will allow cores to better handle the process of individual tasks, such as managing service requests and resource reservations, but the core will also be able to tie those tasks to a larger project, associate a protocol to the project (if applicable), and track the project's overall progress.
iLab has built this module to increase experimentation consistency through use of its customized forms and protocol management capabilities.
Specifically, iLab's Study Management module allows the core to accomplish the following:
- Run long-term studies with multiple researchers and multiple service requests
- Associate protocols with intended long-term projects
- Capture important information about the work to be conducted
- Track and bill per activity completed or service rendered
- Allow for collaboration of multiple researchers on one study
iLab's Study Management module includes the following segments:
1. Summary Section: Ability to include start, stop, and approval dates, status and more!
2. Comments: Ability to track communications with collaborators & select whether or not you would like to be informed of specific studies
3. Collaborating Researchers: Ability to run long-term studies with multiple researchers and multiple requests
4. Cost Analysis: Optionally include a cost analysis for the study initiator(s) and coordinator(s)
5. Subjects: Optional and upon approval of the institution, include questions about whether or not human subjects will be involved in the study & formally track subjects in iLab, as appropriate
6. Protocols: Ability to associate protocols with intended long-term projects
7. Study Statistics: Ability to capture important information about the work conducted
8. Custom Fields, Forms, Attachments & Links: Allow cores to capture consistent and important information about the work to be conducted in a variety of formats, and allow the option of manual result entry
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.